Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is retail’s first choice for integrated in-store solutions. The leading supplier of point-of-sale systems with a worldwide install base larger than any three major competitors combined, Toshiba is committed to delivering innovative commerce solutions that transform checkout, provide seamless consumer interactions and optimize retail operations. Toshiba, along with our global team of dedicated business partners, provides end-to-end solutions, service and support that help clients meet virtually any retail technology need.
At a glance
- The world's largest provider of integrated in-store solutions
- Installed in 60 percent of the top 25 global retailers
- Trusted with store solutions by the majority of large retailers
- More installed units than the largest three competitors combined (RBR London, June 2013)
- More shipments than the largest two competitors combined (RBR London, June 2013)
- Awarded 2012 Global Self-Checkout Systems Product Leader (Frost & Sullivan)
- iF (International Forum) Design Awards: AnyPlace Kiosk (2008), SurePOS 500 series (2010), SurePoint series (2011)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is the formal name of the business created when Toshiba TEC acquired IBM’s Retail Store Solutions overall business operation functions globally, including development, sales and related in-store maintenance. IBM retains a 19.9 percent stake in the business.
The business is led by Steven D. Ladwig, former general manager of Retail Store Solutions and now President and CEO of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions. The former RSS executive team has been maintained and expanded following the move to Toshiba. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (USA), with sales offices throughout the world. There are approximately 1,200 employees working for Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions in 45 global locations. A global business partner program – the Together Commerce Alliance – helps to take Toshiba’s retail solutions to market. There are more than 80 distributors and more than 700 other partners in the Together Commerce Alliance. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is also an IBM Premier Business Partner for Smarter Commerce.